Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Manifesting Story: My New Yoga Mat

I have needed a new yoga mat for some time now. The one I have is worn and, well, looks worn. Shopping for yoga mats is not my favorite activity. Styles are constantly changing and surfaces are so different, it is hard to know just what will work for you. Since there is no yoga mat store, all ordering is done online which means returning what doesn’t work and starting the process again. So, now you know why I have needed a new mat for some time – pure procrastination.

In comes Woyopracmo (World Yoga Practice Month). This website was started by a fellow yogini to encourage those who signed up to practice yoga daily for the month of January. Several of us also donated prizes to be given away in a random drawing of those who did complete the entire month.

Have you figured out what I won yet? You guessed it! A yoga mat. But not just any yoga mat, The Black Mat. Apparently it is the crème de la crème of yoga mats. (I admit, I had not heard of it. Even my husband, who does not practice yoga, exclaimed, “It’s THE BLACK MAT!” with such reverence, I had to be impressed.) Here’s what is so fabulous, the mat is perfect. It is amazing. I have never had a yoga mat like this one before. I didn’t know yoga mats could be this fabulous! The invoice said it cost $75. I would never have spent that much money on a mat. Yet again, the Universe provided me with more than I would have provided for myself. Thank you!

No comments: