Thursday, May 03, 2007

Finding a Better Thought

Another email question for all of you!

“If a thought doesn't necessarily make manifestation unless it's consistent and with the feeling (or intent), then how can you change your thinking to positive when you know you are negative in the moment. (kind of an "I'm in the process of...")

For example: I just got a call from a customer, not very pleasant or understanding. I smiled and was as pleasant as possible (to keep myself uplifted and to hopefully rub off on her) and I think we ended ok. When I got off the phone my first thought was "people can be irritating." Instead I said to myself "I love people" I didn't really feel it, but thought I could start with the words and it would at least keep me from getting down. Is that on the right track?”
It is the right track, but step back a few steps to a thought you do believe. We can’t just “lie” to ourselves and say things that we don’t believe. Our goal is to move ourselves up the vibrational ladder and feel better, even a little, and if we don’t believe what we are saying, we won’t budge. Try it. You just stay feeling exactly the same way. Find a thought that is just a bit better that you do believe. You will move up the ladder a bit and then you can reach for an even better thought and keep going. Perhaps it would go like this:

“Wow, that was tough.” (acknowledging the difficulty)
“I find people who are disagreeable challenging.” (same)
“I didn’t fall into the anger I used to.” (feeling better)
“Hmm...I am doing this better.”
“I bet I can do even better next time.”

See where this is going? Each step needs to be something you agree to, though.

No comments: